Tuesday, August 27, 2013

August visits

As I said in my last post, August has been a pretty busy month. We had a trip over to Cambridge to see the OH's friends, and did this walk in Thetford Forest, on the Norfolk/Suffolk border, along the Little Ouse river. The walk starts in Brandon, which has a station, so it's doable by public transport from Cambridge.

Although the grass on the path had been cut down, it was pretty uneven underfoot.

We did pass some canoeists but they were going so fast I didn't get a chance to take a picture!

Some parts of the walk had dense undergrowth, others were more open.

The cygnets are getting big now.
I also had a few days away in Yorkshire, visiting friends whilst the OH was beavering away at work. I really enjoyed catching up with them. As well as talking LOTS of knitting, eating LOTS of yummy food and doing some playing/reading bedtime stories, I helped a bit in their new garden, which is on a slope with beautiful views, and really quite amazing. (*jealous*, me?!)

We visited the Dutch House, which has a lovely café and wildlife garden, plus really good examples of square metre gardening (much better than mine!).








No comments: