Tuesday, July 01, 2014

Making some progress

Not one, but two finished items! I'm really pleased with my Lima cardigan. It was horribly hot wearing it for the photo, and it's now gone away with all my woolly jumpers for when the weather turns cold again. It's definitely something out of which I should get a lot of wear. I think the sleeve length will be quite practical, as the yarn (Mirasol Sulka) is soft and my garments tend to pill first on the sleeves where they rub against a desk. I would definitely use the yarn again though, it's lovely to knit with.

And these are my Fetching fingerless mitts, blocked and looking a lot better (as well as purple) than they did before.

Yes, this is the same pair of gloves, pre-blocking. And photo taken using smartphone camera and in artificial light. The photo above is with the proper camera.

Both Lima and Fetching having a bath, using the Eucalan wool wash I bought on holiday (with this in mind).

And then pinned out to block on the spare bed. I had already joined the shoulder seams of Lima together using a three needle bind off, so had to block it in a double layer as there wasn't room to lay the whole thing out flat - took four days to dry, despite the hot weather!

I've also made good progress on my 4ply Bello jumper. I'm knitting it in the round so can put it onto a longer needle and try it on as I go. This photo is of me trying it on in the bar at knitting group (I only got a few funny looks). I'm really pleased with the fit, and how quickly it's coming together. Almost ready to start the sleeves already!


ShinyNewThing said...

All look fabulous and you've been really productive!

Iris said...

I LOVE the cardigan! What a lovely and useful item. This may well make it onto my to-knit list... :)