Thursday, August 28, 2014

Liebster award

Ages ago, I was nominated for a Liebster blogger award by Una, but life got in the way and I never got round to doing anything about it. The idea is to post 11 random facts about myself, answer 11 questions set by the nominator, nominate 11 blogs with under 200 followers and then set them 11 questions to answer. 

So, eleven random facts about me. Some of them I've borrowed from 2 years ago when I did the Kreativ Blogger thing, which is kind of similar.


  1. I didn't know I liked gardening until the last few years. This was a bit of a surprise. It's amazing how few plants I've killed so far.
  2. I really hate bread and butter pudding.
  3. I had my tonsils out when I was 27.
  4. I've never broken a bone.
  5. I used to be horse-obsessed, until my mid-teens. But I've ridden at some point in almost every place I've lived since then, including in Hyde Park in London and in Windsor Park.
  6. I've lived at sixteen addresses, for time periods ranging from 1 week to 18 years (and, yes, that doesn't count going on holidays, my shortest time in lodgings was a week!).
  7. I've been a Christian about as long as I've been vegetarian.
  8. I think the smell of bacon cooking is one of the most disgusting things on the planet.
  9. I used to be a cross stitcher, until I got the knitting bug nearly 10 years ago! I still have some cross stitch I never got finished then.
  10. I've started three knitting groups.
  11. Erm, I can't think of another one.
 Then my 11 questions to answer, set by Una:




1) What is the last thing you knitted or crocheted?
A sock - the Wise Hilda basic ribbed sock pattern.

2)Where would you go on holiday if price was no object?
Hmm, not sure, there are still so many parts of the UK I want to explore. And I'm not keen on long journeys and the carbon emissions from flying... I have really enjoyed visiting the places I've visited overseas though.

3) Do you think there is intelligent life on other planets?
Probably. Maybe they knit too?

4) At what age did you learn to knit or crochet?
Knit aged about 8 (my Gran taught me). Crochet I was about 29 (late starter).

5) What is your natural hair colour?
Brown.

6) Which is your favourite season?
Autumn - don't like too hot or too cold, plus my birthday is in the Autumn!

7)  Are you a books or e-reader fan?
Books all the way, I don't have an e-reader.

8)  Do you prefer curtains or blinds?
Depends on the window and whether I'm aiming for privacy or insulation! Or both. We have both on some of ours.

9) Are you wearing earrings right now?
No, I had my ears pierced in my teens, but I kind of got out of the habit of wearing earrings so I should think the holes have closed up by now.

10) Do you have a special crafting area at home?
Not really. My end of the sofa has lots of knitting stacked next to it, and I have my sewing machine in a bedroom upstairs, plus a couple of shelves of crafty books in the same room, but it isn't exclusively my crafting area. 

11) If one person could rule the world, who should it be?
I think that would be a bad idea...

I'm not sure who to nominate though, as I don't know how you tell how many followers a blog has (I don't follow blogs, I use The Old Reader to keep track of them), and I nominated some people last time, so I'm going to leave that part out! Also means that I don't have to think up 11 questions to ask. But feel free to join in if you're so inclined.

1 comment:

Una said...

Wow! Thanks for remembering to take part. I was interested in your random facts and I had completely forgotten my own questions. I had to laugh at 29 being late to learn crochet. I was in my fifties before I made a start.