Sunday, March 26, 2006

Cranberry gets blocked

But first. How about some pics from last week (the ones Blogger wouldn't let me post before). This is from one of my lunchtime walks, through the garden,

I found a lake on the other side...

and there was a sheep!



With several sheepy friends. And I got to see a lamb being born, before remembering that I really should get back to work...

During the crazy week of finishing off the Jaywalkers in the middle of Tuesday night, I also finished (most of) the knitting of Cranberry. And here she is blocking in the conservatory:

Have no idea when she'll be finished off as I'm away with work most of this week and then on holiday. And by then it'll probably be too warm to wear her! But this is British weather we're talking about, so maybe it won't...

Of course I haven't stopped there. Despite still having two WIPs OTN I've started the Maya bag (very yummy) and also the Smith socks in DB Cashmerino Aran and Noro Silk Garden from the Noro Knits book which I bought at Yarn last week.

On Friday night I went over to Debbie's to watch Pride and Prejudice, the first time we'd seen it. It wasn't on a par with the droolsome 5+hours of the BBC-Colin-Firth version but still enjoyable. I don't think it was long enough to do the characters or the plot justice (in fact, was the plot actually that obvious if you'd only seen the film?). Some parts just weren't realistic - such as Lady Catherine coming to see Lizzy late at night. And it lacked Colin Firth.
I'm still drooling over the meal Debbie cooked - spinach and ricotto lasagne (yum) followed by chocolate torte (YUM)!

3 comments:

MissLucy said...

Cranberry looks great - can't wait to see it finished. the Smith socks look so comfy!

Seahorse said...

Cranberry is going to be beautiful! Love the Jaywalkers too :)

Nic said...

I thought you were going to say that that was your garden for a minute and was thinking WOAH!
Cranberry does look great and I don't think you need to worry about not getting any wear out of it this year. I swear we are never going to have a summer.
Jaywalkers are fab. I have nearly finished my first sock (at last!!)
x