Saturday, June 30, 2012

Cheltenham holiday yarn shops & purchases

As I mentioned in my last post, the number of yarn shops we found on holiday in the Cotswolds became slightly ridiculous.

These are the purchases we came home with. I've added the yarn shops to Knit Map, and my stash is on Ravelry which should link to the yarn shops too, as not all of them have websites.


That's:

A skein of Clicky Needles merino silk lace, from Miju Wools in Gloucester.
2 balls of Katia Olé sock yarn, from Budget Wools in Cheltenham.
1 ball of King Cole ZigZag sock yarn, from Blanshards Fabrics in Wantage.
1 ball of Opal Show Your Colours sock yarn, and a skein of undyed Bluefaced Leicester 4ply from the Bourton Basket, in Bourton-on-the-Water.
1 ball of Lang Yarns Jawoll Magic Dégradé sock yarn, from Ashley's in Cirencester.

We also found several other shops, including another one in Cheltenham and one in Broadway, where I didn't get anything (although I'd have quite happily lived in a town with any of those shops!).

2 comments:

liz h said...

Looks like a good haul. Like the laceweight! So you'll be knitting quite a lot of socks this winter then?

Anonymous said...

Do you have plans for any of it? It's way more yarn than I'd ever buy on a whim without projects in mind. :)