Wednesday, July 18, 2012

Bridlington

Meet my Goddaughter! Isn't she cute? She has the grooviest hair I have ever seen. Better make sure my Godmotherly knitting is up to scratch as her Mum is a knitter too...

A few weeks ago the OH and I travelled up to Bridlington for the weekend for her baptism. It was a fun weekend, not only catching up with several old friends but we were at the seaside too, so it was like having a mini-break. Complete with B and B landlady from a comedy sketch.

It was a trifle windy, but I still felt it was important to have ice cream at the beach. I did manage to eat it before it blew away.


Although it looks like seagulls may be more of a problem than the wind.


See, it does look like proper seaside. There is sand, and blue sky and some sun.

And DONKEYS!

This was going to be a much longer post with a knitting update as well, but as it's a month since we went to Bridlington I thought I'd better get on with posting this!
So how about a couple of harbour shots to finish off?



And sunset over Bridlington.

3 comments:

Nic said...

Did you manage to eat the ice cream without the win blowing your hair into it? Looks fab and what a cute God daughter.

Tina said...

Looks like the perfect mini-vacation! Even a day at the sea is great to refill our batteries...

Mary Anne said...

Your goddaughter is adorable! It sounds like a lovely holiday, in spite of the weather. I've never seen donkeys on a beach before, that was different!