Right, so I was all set for the start of the Ravellenic games last Friday. We'd been to Reading for the day on the train so I had to cast on on the train back. In preparation I'd wound the yarn for the shawl into a ball:
And dug out the pattern and yarn for the cardigan WIP I need to get finished. That's a bumper pack of over 1kg of the yarn I got in a bargainous sale at Skip North years ago, rather than the amount I need to knit to get it finished!
I did a little bit of swatching for the shawl, as the top part of it is garter stitch, so I thought I'd investigate how it looked. The shawl is meant to be on 4mm needles using fingering weight yarn, but my 4mm needles were already in use for the cardigan project, so I went down to 3.75mm, as I wasn't sure if I'd have enough yarn or not.
Within five days I'd finished the first half of the shawl, which is garter stitch with increases, so straightforward. This was good TV knitting, including subtitled Scandi-crime dramas. I love the way the greens and blues are coming out in the shawl too!
Not sure how far I'll get with the Ravellenic projects though. Since I cast on the whole new lot of flooding happened, and although my home isn't affected, I've done some volunteering in a local flood relief centre, so haven't had as much time for knitting as I'd anticipated.