Thursday, March 12, 2015

London cushion

I finished off the London cushion quite quickly, then had trouble finding a 50cm cushion pad to go in it! I scoured the town, where I found 45 and 55cm ones, plus Hobbycraft, which only had ones measured in inches (why?! How long has this country been metric?!), and when I worked it out didn't have 50cm ones anyway. Then looked online, John Lewis was out of stock of that particular size, but had plenty of the 45 and 55cm ones (aarrgghhhh), Argos, Dunelm Mill etc only sold them in multi-packs. In the end I bought a 55cm one from the local haberdashery (the cheapest option, and with polyester filling as I wanted one that was machine washable) and decided to make sure it was a very plump cushion. Good thing I didn't do that top stitching after all.


It's nice and comfy to lean against on the sofa...


I bought the fabric from Fashion Fabrics Bath whilst on holiday there 18 months ago. I only bought 0.5 metre so only just managed to squeeze this cushion from that amount. If I'd had more I could probably have got the envelope opening on the back to match, but I'm not too bothered about that (it's the back, so it's not obvious!).

I love the London fabric, but it does have some amusing typos...


What amusing fabric have you bought?

3 comments:

Iris said...

oh wow, love that cushion! The typos make me wonder how they've printed it, though - looks like bits of the writing were just cut off, but then the graphics don't look like that is the case. Perhaps it was done on two layers?!

SueH said...

Now, that's a natty piece of work! ;-)
My hubby might like one of those, having grown up in London!

I'll have to see if I can find some similar fabric....

ShinyNewThing said...

5cm is only 2 inches, which in polyfill I think just makes the cushion plumper as you found. I'm sure I've read not to buy a cushion liner the same size exactly for that reason, you want the cushion to bulge pleasantly. Very cute. I sewed my husband a pillowcase out of similar fabric some years ago.