Friday, June 23, 2006

Close encounter with some bullocks

On the way into work on Monday morning I had to wait for a van to go across the cattle grid. The bullocks in the field thought my car was very interesting, and started licking it! They seemed very friendly (normally they just ignore me, but I suppose normally I don't stop!)

Despite it being what should have been a mad week, it was actually rather fun and relaxing. I can highly recommend working away from home for the chilling out factor! Instead of running round in circles pretending to pack, I spent my evenings wandering around the village where I'm working, knitting in front of the TV and eating fish and chips on the beach. The weather was gorgeous, look at this beautiful sunset:

In fact, life is very busy for the next fortnight. I decided to go for the job I was dithering about in my last post. I think I would always have wondered what would have happened if I hadn't applied, so I did, right at the very last minute in the middle of last night! And today I got a phone call saying I've been shortlisted. The interview is indeed on the day after I move house, but I'm really not bothered about that. I seem to have much more of a sense of perspective these days (am I getting old or something?!). Anyway, it's only an interview, if I get the job I get it, if I don't then I'm happy with the work I'm doing at the moment anyway. It would just be nice to have a bit more responsibility and something with a bit more zing to it.

This will almost definitely be my last post for 2 or 3 weeks. I won't have internet access for the next few weeks due to work commitments and the house move so I'm not being rude if I don't reply to messages, I just haven't picked them up yet! Similarly with blog reading, I think Bloglines is currently telling me I've got 146 unread blog posts to catch up on. Which will no doubt be above 500 by the time I get back to it! So bye bye for the next few weeks and see you all soon!

9 comments:

MissLucy said...

good luck with all the exciting things that are happening in your life now!!!

My Five Sons said...

Yes Good luck and have fun settling into your new nest!!!!

blueadt said...

Good luck with the move & interview.

Anonymous said...

Good luck! I love your new house, I would be so exited to being able to move in at that place!
See you!

KnitYoga said...

Good luck with the move and with the job interview. Hope everything goes as planned and you and Monkey will be back with us again soon telling us all your news. :-)

Piglottie said...

Hope all goes smoothly for you and lots of luck! Take care and hope to see you back with us soon.

Seahorse said...

Very best of luck! Hope everything goes well - looking forward to hearing all about it when you're back!

susoolu said...

Good luck with the interview and move!

Mary Anne said...

good luck with the interview and the move and don't forget to take Monkey with you!!