Wednesday, August 23, 2006

My car has a dent...

Some idiot reversed into my car this afternoon. It was parked outside my house and a neighbour saw the idiot and rang my doorbell to give me his registration number.

The damage isn't that much, a dent in the bumper and the side and the boot, plus the light is damaged, but what I find REALLY infuriating is that the bloke didn't stop to leave his details. He obviously thought no one had seen him and just drove off. Thankfully one of my other neighbours is more honest (and was equally outraged about him driving off) and took the time to ring my bell. Also, although the damage isn't much, he must still have been flinging his car around fairly carelessly, which is worrying as children play in the road sometimes.

Obviously my poor car is very upset. I did manage to give the details at the police station without referring to the car as "her". I didn't want them thinking I'm totally ditsy...

This was going to be a knitting update post, but I'm do grrrrr to talk about knitting. So you can admire a pic of my latest veg box, delivered this morning:

Anyone any idea what these are?! To me they look like runner beans that somebody forgot to paint dark green...

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'd pretty much go along with that, although I'd say that they're probably French beans rather than runner beans. Cute colour - you can get them in purple too :-)

:-S about the car though. Good for your neighbour.

(the word verification is batfg - sounds like it came from You Knit What!)

Nic said...

I AM going to get a veggie box from next week.. All these pictures have given me a kick up the bum.
Grr at that person banging your car. I hope you get it sorted out. If it was your own fault, it wouldn't be as bad but someone else, then they drive off, GRR!!
Nic
x

Anonymous said...

I think they are wax beans. Treat them just like regular green beans.

Terrible about the car. I hope the baddy gets caught and is made to pay. I know how much that hurts, a truck hit my car and got away. Cops say they can't find that plate anywhere.

TK

KnitYoga said...

That's awful! Hooray for your neighbour though.

Sue said...

Here in Australia we call them yellow beans, the same as green beans, and they actually taste quite nice. I hope that you find out who hit your car, since they seem to think they got away with it.

Piglottie said...

What a horrible, dishonest thing to do! Thankfully you have good neighbours. I hope you get it all sorted soon.

PS Have a great time at Greenbelt this weekend!

Mary Anne said...

Those look like yellow wax beans and just as tasty as the green ones.

re the car, I'm sorry this happened. Thank goodness for the kindness and quick thinking of your neighbour. as for your car being a 'her', we always name our cars. Our car is Sammy.

Rain said...

Oooh the veg box looks lovely.

I was glad to hear you got the details sorted for the insurance. What a moron.