Friday, January 02, 2015

Garden at the beginning of January 2015

Typically we'd had frosty and cold weather right up until 31st December (down to -3°), and then New Year's Day dawned mild and wet and grey! Which makes for a bit of soggy and grey beginning of the month photo.


I took the two pictures below when we arrived back home on 27th December, after spending Christmas at my Mum's. I was really pleased to see some plants flowering, considering we'd had to drive through snow to get home!

This is my winter flowering clematis 'Wisley Cream'.


And those cyclamen I'd repotted.

Compared with the view of my Mum's garden on 27th December! To be fair though, it had only just snowed overnight there.

Here's to lots of gardening in 2015! What are your gardening plans for this year?

3 comments:

Una said...

My daughter gave me a vegetable growing kit which contains some unusual veg. I have a slightly neglected vegetable patch, so I'm planning to use it better this year.

Unknown said...

I'm a frequent reader of your blog which has inspired me to do a monthly photo of my garden. Hope to continue through 2015.

liz h said...

My gardening plan for the year is to grow something edible.
This will improve on this year when the challenge was to make some seeds grow.
Baby steps...