I am SO pleased with my O W L S jumper - not only a really quick knit, but very satisfying to make and it fits well.
The fold line across the front is where I got fed up with waiting for it to dry after blocking and hung it over the airer on the radiator to finish off! I needed it to be dry in time to take to knitting group where I was planning to sew the buttons on!
The tactic worked, and I got nearly all the buttons sewn on at two knitting group meetings last week. We had some problems taking photos of it though - the light really is dismal at this time of year. In the end we tried in the kitchen, as that's the brightest room.
And a couple more pictures of it blocking!
And a close up of the owls.
Last week was the first week of this year that I'd managed to get to both knitting group meetings - my work days were a little rearranged for the first three weeks of the year, which didn't help. Everything seems to be back to normal now though, so I actually stand a chance of remembering which day of the week it is.
I've just cast on for a Liesl, using the Araucania Toconao from my stash. I had a few problems with the first few rows of the pattern where there are various increases and decreases to count - this really wasn't compatible with TV with subtitles, so I had to have a few goes!
And, Victoria very kindly gifted me a couple of patterns from my wishlist, so I already have plans for what to knit after Liesl! I've decided to separate out my sewing and knitting posts, so that people who don't want to read about one don't have to, but I do have a sewing update to do at some point too.