Saturday, April 29, 2006

Eeeeeeeek!

I've just had my offer accepted on the house I viewed yesterday. Phew. Have been sitting by the phone twiddling my thumbs and eating porridge for what feels like half the morning waiting for the estate agent to call back.
Can't quite believe they accepted my offer...

The house is lovely - Victorian terrace, very light and airy with 3 bedrooms (one for me, one for Monkey, one for stash). And a sensible size garden (enough room for eating a meal outside in summer and to grow some veggies, hang the washing out and have a compost bin but not too big to have to spend ages looking after it). I like the local area - there's a wonderful greengrocer just round the corner and a wool shop five minutes walk away! ;-) (it was more "acrylic heaven" than "LYS", but still, it's a start!). The local library has just been refurbished and is re-opening next week just round the corner too! The house is on a bus route andhas got a nice big off-road cycle lane going past, so I *should* only need to use the car to get to work. I even dug out the local church warden and had a look round the church (big, non-scary, potentially somebody my age in the congregation).

So, Balderton, here I come!

And my egg (in the sidebar) is REALLY wobbling and has cracks in now!

8 comments:

susoolu said...

Is Balderton ready for a monkey toting, stash guzzling, church warden digger up you? Congratulations, sounds like a pretty little place - and house. Fingers crossed it all goes well (all this, and a finished Tubey too, what a busy week).

MissLucy said...

You bought a house! Congratulations!! That's so exciting!! And if you ask nicely I'm sure Monkey will let you use his room for blocking you handknits!

Seahorse said...

Oh, wow! Great news! Hope all the legal/technical stuff goes quickly and smoothly and you're soon able to move in.

KnitYoga said...

Fantastic news! Very quick,too! Sounds ideal. Hope all the other stuff goes as swiftly and is as stress free. Then you and Monkey will soon be able to take up residence in your new home. :-)

Anonymous said...

Congratulations! Wow - that was fast - what's the chain like?

And just think - acrylic heaven may be a very good thing - just how would you possibly pay the mortgage if you had a _decent_ LYS just round the corner... Scary thought!

Something _really_ wants to get out of that egg. Mine is cracking too...

Mary Anne said...

Wow, this is so exciting for you! How is Monkey taking the news? It sounds like everything you could possibly want nearby too. Yay for you, kiddo.

Anonymous said...

So pleased for you Katie. What a lot of fun you'll have fitting it out. Sallie

My Five Sons said...

Isn't it nice to have your own place,no more rental inspections whoopeeeee!!!!!!!!!!!!