The sleeves of the second jumper actually went quite quickly, considering I didn't cast on the first until well into Knit Lincs yesterday and I cast off the second by the end of Casualty last night! Thank God it was the smallest size jumper. The Psychedelic one has buttons on one shoulder, the blue one doesn't, but only because I forgot that I intended to do that!
So now it's time to say thank you to all the people who made it possible. First of all Team GB and all the other lovely knitbloggers out there who've been cheering me on!
And to my nutritionist and physio - Mum!
I always knew it would come in handy having a retired physiotherapist for a Mum!
And to Sooty and Monkey (exactly how much support did I get from Monkey? He likes appearing in photos but doesn't do a great deal else).
Sooty at least sat on my knee to encourage the knitting:
And now I need to do the washing up:
Those are all the mugs, glasses and spoons I possess! The lovely tea from my SP7 was very refreshing too! Thank you SP!
Ooh and I should also thank Green & Black's for their continuing support. Couldn't have done it without you! ;-)
So how's the experience been for me?
- I've learnt that I can stick to one project at a time!
- I can also knit faster than I thought, and comparing these two jumpers with the ones (Jumper #1 and Jumper #2) I sent off to Feed the Children last year my knitting skills have also improved dramatically!
- It's been fun finding out just how much I can get done in the time available and also if I stick to one project. I'm not planning to stick to just one project in future but I will try not to have quite so many WIPs (OK. Who am I kidding?!).
- Another bonus has been finding some new blogs to read & reading about everyone else's Olympic experiences. And hearing about them on podcasts!
- But I've hardly watched any of the real Olympics at all. In fact only the opening ceremony. Oops.
The other ironic thing is that after spending the last 16 days hurtling around the country in my car and on the train, working all sorts of hours, I now only have 3.5 days work over the next fortnight!