Thursday, July 07, 2005

London

Have borrowed a friend's laptop. I hope everyone else in London who reads this or who is a knitter/blogger is OK. Fortunately I overslept this morning and was about to get on the tube when the first announcements came through - we didn't know about bombs at that point, it was thought to be an electrical fault. Otherwise, it doesn't bear thinking about, I was on my way to the Russell Sq area where that awful bus explosion was... Anyway, I'm now stranded in London until the trains start working again and I can get to a station that's open. If anybody else is in a similar situation the BBC website is probably the best place to look. They seem to be updating regularly with travel news. Good luck to all who are trying to get home or are stranded for the night.

And I've finished all the knitting I've got with me...

2 comments:

Heather said...

Thank goodness you're OK! you obviously had a narrow escape. Come back safely, love Heather xxxxx

Emily said...

Glad your safe! Hope you managed to get home at some point.. let us know.