Sunday, July 31, 2005

Marple Stash Mission

Marple was fantastic!! Auntie Peg's local yarn shop was so dreamy - it was bigger than any I'd been in so far and had LOADS of yarn (more than John Lewis) all easy to see on labelled shelves. And a big bargain bin to root around in, and I stroked lots of different yarns.

There was a good variety of yarn - Rowan, Jaeger, Debbie Bliss & Noro for the more expensive stuff and then the more ordinary Patons and Sirdar, plus their funky yarns too. If I'd known they stocked Noro I'd have waited to get my Kureyon - I'd much rather support a local independent store than John Lewis (even though John Lewis is very fluffy and ethical). Unfortunately Sew-In is 80 miles from where I live, so not very practical for stash enhancement (having said that, I do live 150 miles from the John Lewis on Oxford St and still manage to go there often enough (but that's not very far from UCL).

I KNOW I said I wasn't going to get any more yarn. And technically I didn't as Mum bought it for me!

This is 2 balls of Sirdar Donegal Tweed DK in blue (for baby jumpers) and 1 ball of black fluffy stuff - all from the bargain bin. The brightly coloured things on top are more sock yarn, which I just couldn't resist.

Meanwhile my Auntie Peg gave us both a jar of honey and look what it's called:


from the Daisybank Apiary in the Peak District. Yummy. Yummy. Yummy.

Oh, and as promised, here is progress so far on Jenny's second thank you sock:

This is going amazingly well considering that I left the pattern at home and had to turn the heel from memory on the train! As well as dropping thousands of stitches as usual!

No comments: