Wednesday, July 27, 2005

Tagged!

I've been tagged by nickerjac & I'm not totally sure what I'm doing, but here goes:

id·i·o·syn·cra·sy
Pronunciation Keyn. pl. id·i·o·syn·cra·sies
A structural or behavioral characteristic peculiar to an individual or group.
Write down five of your own personal idiosyncracies. Then, if you wish, tag five people from your friendslist to do the same.

1. People I have lived with will attest that I'm totally neurotic about cleaning rotas, to the extent of making everyone else's life hell if they haven't done their share of the dusting, yet in my own bedroom I rarely got round to even dragging the hoover in. Now I've got my own flat this has spread to the whole flat, not just my bedroom. I also have piles of stuff just piled up.

2. I am a cow. Officially. After all, my (middle) name is Daisy.

3. I love smiling at people on the tube/bus/walking down the street. This usually causes a panicky reaction in the other person, although occasionally an interesting conversation results (and once I ended up teaching someone to knit!).

4. My brain seems to be wired to work out how to do things in the fastest/most efficient way. Hence I now have a routine involving turning the computer on whilst having breakfast, which means that I neither have to sit around waiting for the kettle to boil or the computer to boot up. This also works at cross roads with traffic lights. Instead of crossing through two sides (which takes 2 sequencs of the lights) as a pedestrian you can often get away with walking diagonally across the middle!

5. I LOATHE shopping. Not completely anymore as I love yarn shopping, but I hate hate hate clothes shopping. This is because nothing ever fits and I get SO annoyed trying to buy shoes as my feet are ridiculously narrow. There are currently only two shops I know of for shoe shopping for me - one in Southampton, one in Edinburgh. Both really handy for Lincoln! If anybody has any ideas where to get AA or AAA shoes please let me know!!


Thank you to everyone who's left comments on the last couple of postings. The wrap is progressing well, but I won't post a pic until it's a bit bigger. I'm about to depart for London (yes, I know it's only Wednesday). The trains have been so bad recently, and the GNER east coast mainline seems to be the main terrorist route into London (judging by this morning's news) so I'm going to stay with my brother in Nottingham and travel into London from there tomorrow. Different train company, hopefully fewer problems... Am not thinking about being in London on a Thursday. Again. Why do they keep picking Thursdays for doing awful things to London?

Also, thank you to littlelixie for the FAB little badge I received this morning. Isn't it great?! Sorry the pics a bit blurry, I still need more practice with the camera. The battery is there for scale.

1 comment:

Mary Anne said...

Daisy,

good luck on your travels tomorrow and Thursday. I understand why you would be nervous. I'd be panicky all the time.

It was fun to read your answers to those questions.
hugs
Mary Anne