This isn't really of interest to anyone but my Secret Pal but I need to post it so here it is!
1. Are you a yarn snob (do you prefer higher quality and/or natural fibers)? Do you avoid Red Heart and Lion Brand? Or is it all the same to you?
Um, I'm not sure what Red Heart and Lion Brand are, but I'm guessing something cheap and acrylicky? I prefer natural fibres but do use manmade stuff in the funky yarns and for stuff that needs to be machine washable (eg baby clothes).
2. Do you spin? Crochet?
3. Do you have any allergies? (smoke, pets, fibers, perfume, etc.)
4. How long have you been knitting?
Since about December 2004/January 2005.
5. Do you have an Amazon or other online wish list?
Yes, go to www.amazon.co.uk and then search under Wish List for "Daisychains"
6. What's your favorite scent? (for candles, bath products etc.)
I love lavender, bergamot, honey... I prefer stuff the more "natural" the better and won't use anything that's been tested on animals.
7. Do you have a sweet tooth?
Definitely! I don't like things too sickly sweet though.
8. What other crafts or Do-It-Yourself things do you like to do?
I sometimes do a bit of cross stitch and I've just started making stitch markers.
9. What kind of music do you like? Can your computer/stereo play MP3s? (if your buddy wants to make you a CD)
A bit of an eclectic mixture - bands such as the Cranberries, Iona and the Corrs, singers such as Dido. I also love classical music such as Allegri, Tallis and Warlock. My computer doesn't do MP3s though!
10. What's your favorite color? Or--do you have a color family/season/palette you prefer? Any colors you just can't stand?
I love colours in the purple/burgundy/plum range of colours. The only colours I really hate are lime green and orange!
11. What is your family situation? Do you have any pets?
I'm single and live in what was a granny flat next door to my Mum's house. She has a cat (Sooty) who visits me regularly!
12. What are your life dreams? (really stretching it here, I know)
Actually, I've just achieved them as I've just qualified as a librarian! Seriously though, I would like to do work that I find interesting and fulfilling (and pays enough to cover my yarn purchases!).
13. What is/are your favorite yarn/s to knit with?
Erm, so far I've loved some of the sock yarn I've used (Opal and Regia), the Wendy Supreme 100% cotton which I'm using at the moment for a bolero top and the Rowan Polar I used for my first jumper. I love variegated/handpainted yarns, but there's not much choice here at the moment. :-(
14. What fibers do you absolutely *not* like?
There's nothing I totally hate, but I'm not that keen on Rowan Summer Tweed (something about the texture).
15. What is/are your current knitting obsession/s?
Socks, definitely! Have just got a copy of Cool Socks Warm Feet and I LOVE it.
16. What is/are your favorite item/s to knit?
Did I mention socks?!
17. What are you knitting right now?
Just finishing off an adaptation of the Knitty "Crusoe" stranded socks pattern. I'm also doing a bolero in variegated purple cotton DK and a baby jumper for the Feed the Children appeal. I'm about to start a jumper (for me) in Jaeger Chamonix and a clapotis (oh and some Christmas presents!).
18. What do you think about ponchos?
Yuck, yuck, yuck.
19. Do you prefer straight or circular needles?
Depends on the project, I'm happy using both and also DPNs. I have a set of Denise Interchangeables.
20. Bamboo, aluminum, plastic?
Depends on the yarn. I use all types.
21. Are you a sock knitter?
Oooh yes definitely! And I hoard sock yarn!!
22. How did you learn to knit?
From the instructions in various books (Stitch n' Bitch, Handknitters Handbook, Simply Knitting Magazine).
23. How old is your oldest UFO?
About 3 months.
24. What is your favorite animated character or a favorite animal/bird?
I like horses and cats!
25. What is your favorite holiday?
Youth hostelling or camping in a beautiful part of the UK with plenty of walking and trips to yarn shops (and time for knitting) thrown in.
26. Is there anything that you collect?
Does my yarn stash count?
27. What knitting magazine subscriptions do you have?
I don't have any subscriptions but I often get Simply Knitting Mag and Knitting Mag. I've also just seen my first edition of Interweave Knits and thought it was fab!
28. Any books out there you are dying to get your hands on?
Ooooh yes lots. See my Amazon wish list link above!
29. Any patterns you have been coveting, but haven't bought for one reason or another??
I don't think so. A lot of the patterns I like are available freely online...
30. What are your foot measurements, and what kind of socks do you like?
I'm a UK size 5.5 (with very very very narrow feet, AA width!). In inches this translates into:
7.5" ankle circumference (just above ankle bone) and 9.5" in foot length. I love all socks, especially colourful ones. Don't like them to come too high up my ankle though!