Friday, January 20, 2006

Knitting Olympics!

I've signed up for Yarn Harlot's Knitting Olympics!

Hmm. 10th - 26th February. I calculate that I have two Knit Lincs meetings, four nights away for work, nine days at work, two days in London, 300 miles of train travel and 600 miles of car travel (but with me driving) to get done in that time too. So I've decided to combine it with the Feed the Children baby jumper knitting and have committed to making two during that time (aha, but I haven't specified which sizes!). If I get two done I'll start another one, but I've got no idea how realistic this is, as I'm not a very fast knitter, and the last one I made took ages to sew together.

The thinking is that baby jumpers are reasonably portable for taking on the train and when I'm away for work. I also don't need to buy any more yarn as I can use stash.

Now all I have to do is put the button on the blog...

8 comments:

Heather said...

Good luck with the Olympic knitting! I am going to join in too.

Is there a team GB button? I'm afraid I'm not artistic enough to make one.

Anonymous said...

Now this is getting interesting! We have a specific event - the "Knit two jumpers for Feed the Children" - I'm hoping that I'm going to get at least silver!!! I have a pattern in mind for at least one of them - a slightly lacy one from Zoe Mellor's "Adorable Knits for Tiny Tots".

blueadt said...

What about knitting them in the round to minimise the sewing up? - especially if you've already done the pattern before. I'm doing that with a baby jumper now & will be knitting the two sleeves in the round at the same time. When I figure out exactly how to do it!

Nickerjac said...

Welcome to team GB at least you have narrowed it down to what you're knitting

Mary Anne said...

Good luck with your Knitting Olympics! I'm too slow and lazy to make the attempt. I'm joining the EddieAlong on Zeneedle's blog. Same time as the Knitting Olympics but much more laid back.

Alice said...

yes, lets have a team GP icon!! darn it, I'm away from any software that'd let me do it for the next few days..

I'm just doing a pair of socks, but I'm designing them myself and they're going to be two-color. plus I have something more long-term (and unpublishable) to do while I'm on it.

KnitYoga said...

Great idea to do the Feed the Children jumpers and, well done, with all of the other stuff you have going on around that time!

happyspider said...

im too scared i think... deadlines are a garaunteed way to make me freak out and stuff up :p
i have a little while to decide though