Thursday, June 02, 2005

Thursday

I don't believe it - as soon as I put a picture of Monkey on here I start getting comments! This is absolutely typical, one year Monkey even received more Valentine's cards than I did...

A much better day today. I've been down to London and met up with Christina, my old boss, who now works at the Wallace Collection. We had a quick look in the Collection before lunch and there was some really cool stuff around. It's half term so there were quite a few children - some were trying on costumes and there was one little boy in half a suit of armour - all you could see was the armour with two little legs sticking out of the bottom! Even better though, I went into the Oxfam Bookshop on Marylebone High St on the way to meet Christina and found Stitch n' Bitch nation - a brand new copy, very cheap!! This, of course, totally put paid to my plans for finishing my original book on the train home...

Also, I'm still working on my jumper (Rowan Valentine). The knitting part is complete and I thought I'd get it finished last night, but forgot about doing chain stitch round each of the heart motifs. I tried one out and it does look a lot better (even if my chain stitch is wonky). The Rowan Polar is quite hard to sew with as it comes apart if I pull too hard.

Then I arrived home to find my parcel had arrived from Hip Knits. It's fantastic, gorgeous, soft, cuddly cotton in a dawn sort of colour (see below). But I can't BELIEVE how it was delivered. I found a note through my door saying it had been left "in the green bin out the front" and found it in my green garden recycling bin - which was full of soggy grass cuttings and bits of tree and crawling with ants! NICE! Fortunately the parcel was OK (even if the external wrapping was wet it hadn't got through to the inside and the ants had stayed with the grass), but what on earth was the postman thinking?!?!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

If you think posties are mad you should meet an "Interlink-Express" driver.Yesterday was my birthday and I had a parcel coming from Colinette ( rather a large one) ..as usual a really ill- mannered moron threw the sack at me leaving before I could sign his "magic-writing" pad.This is the second really rude idiot they have dumped on me.I have to say the "Creative Threads" goodies soon had me smiling again ..angie ( Hip-Knits fan)