Sunday, June 19, 2005

Monkey's Best Friend

This post is to introduce Monkey's best friend - my nephew, Noah. Here he is on holiday last week with Monkey (and the banana). Noah is modelling the hoodie I knitted for him from Simply Knitting issue 1 (I think it was from Debbie Bliss' Special Knits book).



It was made using 5 balls of Sirdar Snuggly Aran in navy blue, and I used another 5 balls to make him an aran-type cardi (this was my first proper knitting pattern so I was rather pleased with myself for doing cables!). The cardi is still a bit big for him as I made the one year size thinking it would take me about six months to make, and it actually took 10 days!

This is another view of Noah (a bit younger) wearing his hoodie, with my sister-in-law, Sarah:




Noah is the cutest and cleverest baby ever (I may be a little biased), but Monkey isn't too pleased with him at the moment as N is now bigger than he is!

I think I also said I was going to blog about the books I took on holiday, so here goes:
I really enjoyed "The Fit" by Philip Hensher. It was a little weird (which I like), about an indexer who likes putting things into categories until his wife leaves him and he starts drinking champagne... There were sad bits, happy bits and downright strange bits but it was an entertaining read.
I also took "The Food of Love" by Anthony Capella. This would normally have annoyed me as the plot is a little thin (not to say entirely predictable) but the food descriptions are another thing! If I read it in bed I found I ended up in the kitchen in the middle of the night finding food, and some of the recipes sounded delicious. It was more like one of those recipe books you can read (instead of just cook from) in places.

No comments: